- 1 The Best Air Fryer For Two People Reviews & Buying Guide
- 1.1 Our Top Air Fryer For Two People - The 9 In 1 COSORI Air Fryer 4.7L
- 1.1.1 COSORI Air Fryer 4.7L, 9-in-1 Compact Air Fryers Oven, Max 230℃ Setting, 30 Recipes Cookbook, Digital Temperd Glass Display, Quiet, 4 Portions, 1500W
- 1.1.2 COSORI Air Fryer 4.7L, 9-in-1 Compact Air Fryers Oven, Max 230℃ Setting, 30 Recipes Cookbook, Digital Temperd Glass Display, Quiet, 4 Portions, 1500W
- 1.1.3 Pros
- 1.1.4 Cons
- 1.2 The Ninja Air Fryer 3.8 Litres
- 1.3 Tefal EasyFry Precision 2-in-1 Digital Air Fryer
- 1.4 Which Is The Best Air Fryer For Two People?
- 1.5 What To Look For In The Best Air Fryer For Two People (Our Buying Guide)
- 1.6 How Do Air Fryers Work?
- 1.7 Are Air Fryers Worth It?
- 1.8 What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
- 1.9 Most Important Features To Consider In An Air Fryer
- 1.10 Tips For Using An Air Fryer
- 1.11 The Best Air Fryer Recipes
- 1.12 Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryers For Two People
- 1.13 Our #1 Top Air Fryer For Two People Meals
The Best Air Fryer For Two People Reviews & Buying Guide
- Save Up to 55% on Energy Bills: Faster cooking time, consuming less electricity
- Too large or too small, that's a question. But not for CAF-L501. The compact 4.7-litre design is suitable for youself or your family (Ideal for 4 people or for cooking 1.5-1.8kg chicken)
- More Meal Options: Chips, roast chicken, grill steak, Baked Muffins, etc. CAF-L501 meets your various dietary needs and is also a nice gift
- The Modern Matte Design: Its unique tempered glass display has 7+2 one-touch cooking functions, customized Ideal cooking time and temperature, for easy control
- Online & Paper Recipes Included: 100+ in-app recipes and a 30-recipe paper cookbook; These are very useful for you when you manually control temperature and time
- Cleaning Becomes Simple: The removable non-stick coated basket can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher
- Buy with Confidence: Just contact us if there are any questions, COSORI customers service team would always be happy to help
- Note: Temperature unit ℃ cannot be switched to ℉; The recipe can be obtained in the app, but CAF-L501 is not a wifi model and cannot be connected to the VeSync app
- Make sure there is no food or packaging in the air fryer, then "break in" several times before cooking food, and wash the baskets, clean the inner chamber
- Guilt-free fried food using little to no oil
- Lower fat alternative to traditional frying methods
- Four cooking functions – Air Fry, Roast, Reheat and Dehydrate
- Air Fry – Up to 75 Percent less fat than traditional frying methods*
- Dishwasher-safe parts. Includes 3. 8 L non-stick basket with crisper plate
- 2 ways to cook: Get creative in the kitchen with EasyFry 2-in-1 Classic - Tefal's first digital air fryer and grill in one. Enjoy irresistibly crispy dishes. Or grill like a pro with the unique Sizzling Grill Plate for those authentic grill marks.
- Save up to 80% energy & cook 49% faster: Get that crispy crunch and taste you love in almost half the amount of time. Prepare a wide variety of meals 49%*** faster than a conventional oven whilst saving up to 80% energy.
- Versatility is everything: 8 pre-set modes to help you perfect your meals: Fries, Nuggets, Roasted Chicken, Pizza, Meat, Fish, Vegetables, Dessert. You can also a dehydrate function to make dried fruit snacks.
- Intuitive use: Easy to use digital touchscreen controls. Simply press to choose a preset program. Or set your own time (<60mins) and temperature (80-200°C) for precision cooking. This air fryer also turns itself off and beeps when your food is ready.
- XL meals: Whip up a feast in this 4.2L capacity air fryer. Large enough to hold up to 1.2kg of food, it makes cooking for up to 6 people a breeze. It's ideal for family dinners and entertaining friends.
- Download our App: With hundreds of recipes on the free Tefal app, plus access to a hand-picked selection of seasonal recipes and tips you'll never run out of meal ideas.
Air fryers are becoming a very popular kitchen gadget to have if you're into healthy cooking, thanks to the hot air, this popular appliance allows you to cook food without the use of oil.
However, air fryers come in lots of different sizes, with larger models often being more expensive and taking up lots of space, but what about air fryers for two people?
We've done the hard work for you, and rounded up our top three favourite air fryer models below, reviewing them one by one with a buying guide included to help you make the right choice.
Our Top Air Fryer For Two People - The 9 In 1 COSORI Air Fryer 4.7L
Our top pick is the COSORI air fryer, this air fryer comes with nine different options for cooking in a compact design, whether you want to bake portions of food, air fry, roast or grill.
Main features of the air fryer technology are a tempered glass display for easy one-touch control, a temperature range of up to 230 degrees and an adjustable timer. For the design, the basket style-air fryers model can support up to 4.7L.
The modern design further has a non-stick basket with easy removal for cleaning and comes with plenty of recipes in their app and mini book included.
Downfalls of this COSORI air fryer are its design which can be hard to clean around the seal, the basket is also said to be slightly small.
- Tempered glass display.
- Adjustable timer and temperature.
- Nine different cooking programmes.
- 4.7-litre capacity.
- Dishwasher friendly.
- Small basket.
- Hard to clean.
The Ninja Air Fryer 3.8 Litres
As a second choice, we recommend the Ninja air fryer, although slightly on the smaller side, this classic air fryer model still comes with four different cooking modes; air frying, roasting, reheating and dehydrating.
This air fryer has a touch display design, allowing you to switch between temperatures and adjust the cooking time, it's also said to use 75% less fat in comparison to traditional cooking methods.
Design-wise the Ninja air fryer is easy to clean and dishwasher friendly, with a capacity of 3.8 litres.
Negatives of the Ninja air fryer are its capacity which is said to be on the smaller side.
- Four different cooking modes.
- Touch display with cooking times and temperature.
- Easy to clean.
- 3.8 litre capacity for 1-2 people.
Tefal EasyFry Precision 2-in-1 Digital Air Fryer
This Tefal 2 in 1 digital air fryer model features a grill and air fryer in one model depending on the cooking process you want, unlike other air fryers.
Main specs of the 2-in-1 air fryer are its eight different pre-set modes allowing you to cook; fries, desserts, meat, fish, veggies and even dessert. The air fryer functions and also beeps when your food is ready.
The design of this Tefal air fryer includes a digital touchscreen display which allows you to switch between programmes or set your timer and temperature. Its cast iron grill also allows you to get those restaurant-style lines on your meat.
For size, the decent air fryer can hold up to 1.2kg of food with a 4.2-litre capacity, allowing you to feed up to 6 people. Downfalls of the Tefal model are its noise which is said to be very loud.
- Two-in-one air fryer and grill options.
- Eight different cooking modes.
- Digital touchscreen display.
- Adjustable timer and temperature.
- 4.2 litre capacity for up to six people.
Which Is The Best Air Fryer For Two People?
To round up our top three reviews, the best air fryer for two people has to be the 9 In 1 COSORI Air Fryer 4.7L.
This COSORI air fryer has extensive cooking options, with nine different ways of cooking, whether you want to bake or grill, its 4.7 litre size is perfect for two people.
As a smaller more budget-friendly air fryer, we also suggest the Ninja Air Fryer 3.8 Litres or the Tefal 2 in 1 air fryer which is the best option if you want to grill food as well as air fry.
What To Look For In The Best Air Fryer For Two People (Our Buying Guide)
Now we've reviewed and discussed our top three favourite air fryers for two people, let's move on to our extensive buying guide below.
This buying guide will teach you everything you need to know about buying the best air fryer, from how they work, the pros and cons as well the most essential features to make sure your model has.
Let's get into it!
How Do Air Fryers Work?
To begin our guide, let's start with how air fryers work and the different types so that you can see which fryer might suit you best.
Air fryers work through convection, just like a convection oven, they circulate hot air around to cook and brown food, this is done by the heating element inside and a fan.
Due to the nature of the air fryer's hot air circulation, this cooks food fast and helps it become crispy without the need for oil.
Types Of Air Fryers
Although all air fryers work the same way, they can differ slightly in design and how they operate, we've listed the main types of fryers below.
Paddle Air Fryer
Paddle air fryers are the most convenient kind of air fryers, they are set up like basket air fryer gadgets except they have a paddle which helps to stir food around inside so that you don't have to manually shake it or turn the food over.
You can also remove the central paddle to make the fryer basket bigger.
Oven Air Fryer
Oven air fryers are great for making air-fried food as well as grilling food since they often contain a rack, this helps air circulate better without having to shake the food and is a great fryer for versatility.
These models will often be larger however since they have to accommodate a rack.
Basket Air Fryer
Most basket air fryers are found on cheaper models, they simply operate with an air fryer drawer basket which you can pull in and out to check the food. The hot air circulates the basket to cook food.
Are Air Fryers Worth It?
Although air fryers are becoming more and more popular, you might not be sure if investing in this kitchen tech gadget is worth it in comparison to using your standard oven.
We've listed some benefits as well as some drawbacks to purchasing an air fryer below.
Benefits Of Air Fryers
- Easy to clean - Air fryers are very easy to clean, the basket can simply be removed and cleaned, unlike a deep fryer which has lots of oil to be cleaned off.
- Simple to use - Air fryers are super simple to use with easy programmes, these can help cook your food for a certain amount of time at the right temperature.
- Healthier meals - Air fryer recipes are much healthier than cooking foods with oil, this allows you to cut down the calorie and fat content of foods.
- Cooks fast - Due to convection, air fryers can cook and reheat food very fast in comparison to other cooking methods.
- You can use it for reheating - Thanks to the hot, a good air fryer feature models are reheating, this a quick and fuss-free way to reheat food without a microwave.
Drawbacks Of Air Fryers
- They have a limited capacity - The baskets inside these fryers have a limited capacity, therefore you might only be able to cook a small portion of food at a time.
- Takes up a lot of counter space - Air fryers can be very bulky due to the basket inside and take up a lot of counter space.
- They can be noisy - Due to the air fryer fan, this tech can be very noisy when cooking.
- You can't cook everything - There are some foods which you cannot cook in an air fryer, some of these to name are cheese, wet battered foods, leafy greens or popcorn.
- Dries out food - Due to the hot air convection, and the fast cooking time, air fryers can dry out food till you get used to how these fryers cook food.
- Can be expensive - Air fryers can be very expensive, with some up to £250 depending on the model and size you choose, larger air fryers tend to have more programmes.
What Size Air Fryer Do I Need?
If you're looking for the right air fryer for two people, you need to consider the capacity of your air fryer, since this determines how much food you can cook.
Dual-basket air fryers can also come in handy if you want to cook two portions of food at once.
We've listed the different sizes of air fryers below for different serving sizes to make sure you are choosing the right one for you.
- Small air fryers - These will measure around 2-3 litres in size and are good for one to two people, these kinds of air fryers are great for cooking snacks or small meals.
- Medium to large air fryers - Medium to large air fryers are good for families and have between 4-6 litres, you could cook a whole roast chicken in these fryers or even pizzas!
Most Important Features To Consider In An Air Fryer
Choosing the right air fryer isn't easy, there are lots different kinds of air fryers, with different cooking functions, sizes and temperatures.
To help you narrow down the perfect air fryer for versatility which will serve 1-2 people, we've listed the main specs to watch out for in your fryer below.
- Cooking functions - Air fryers can come with a wide range of cooking functions, from baking, grilling, rehydrating or dehydrating. Choose the right amount of functions according to the type of cooking you want to do.
- Design - Make sure the design of your air fryer is not too bulky for your kitchen, consider the controls too, and make sure it has an easy-touch digital display.
- Timer - A timer is a useful function to have on your air fryer, this will notify you when your food is ready, some fryers even have a smart timer which will cut off the cooking time on your food once it reaches the right temperature.
- Warranty - Always make sure your air fryer comes with a warranty, some air fryers can be very expensive, but the warranty will sort out any electrical issues such as fan problems.
- Size - As we mentioned above in our buying guide, the size of your air fryer is very important, even if you are planning to use your air fryer for just one to two people you need to ensure it's big enough for cooking full-sized meals. Most air fryers range between 2-6 litres.
Tips For Using An Air Fryer
If it's your first time purchasing and using an air fryer, we've got some great tips and tricks for using your air fryer and getting the best results when cooking your food.
- Do not overfill your air fryer - Never overfill your air fryer, doing so can ruin the cooking process and stop it from cooking evenly. Always make sure food is evenly distributed in your fryer basket.
- Adjust the cooking times - Air fryers cook food very fast in comparison to other cooking methods. Make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly at the right temperature.
- Check your food often - The great thing about air fryers is that you can open and check the basket when you want without ruining the cooking process, make sure you check the food often to stop it from overcooking and drying out.
- Use spray oil - Although air fryers allow you to cook food without oil, adding a little spray oil when using your fryer for chips or cooking chicken can help to get it crispier.
- Allow it to preheat - Air fryers need to be preheated just like an oven for the best cooking results, once preheated most air fryers will switch to a different colored light or sound an alarm to signal your food is ready to go in.
- Clean it well - These cooking devices need to be cleaned well, including the basket underneath since food can fall through the holes, and fat can also come off foods like chicken.
The Best Air Fryer Recipes
If you've decided to take the plunge and invest in an air fryer, you might be wondering what to cook in your fryer to get some practice.
We've listed some great no-fail air fryer recipes to give a try below.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Tablespoon of oil.
- One pound of chicken wings.
- Garlic salt.
- Dry the chicken wings, and coat them with spices while preheating the air fryer to 200 degrees.
- Now air fry for 8 minutes, turn over and air fry for another 8 minutes.
Air Fryer Chips
- 500g potatoes.
- Start by chopping your potatoes into even size fries then put them into ice-cold water, remove and dry.
- Preheat the fryer to 200 degrees, coat the chips in spices then put them evenly into the air fryer basket, cook for 20 minutes in total shaking a few times after 10 minutes.
Air Fryer Cakes
- 250g of self-raising flour.
- 250g of sugar.
- Three eggs.
- 120 ml of semi-skimmed milk.
- 120g of butter.
- Start by preheating the air fryer to 160 degrees then spray the cake pan.
- Now mix your flour and sugar into a bowl then add in the butter, eggs, and milk. Pour the batter into the cake pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes cook the cake for another ten minutes at a lower temp of 150 degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryers For Two People
Is a 2.5-litre air fryer good for two people?
A 2.5 litre sized air fryer is great for two people and should provide enough room to cook two portions of food, it also will not consume too much counter space.
What cooking modes should my air fryer have?
Air fryers can come with a variety of cooking modes, consider the kinds of foods you will be cooking first then figure out the automatic cooking functions you want, this could be; baking, grilling, dehydrating or roasting, even for frozen foods.
Can you fit a chicken in a 4L air fryer?
A 4L air fryer is perfect for fitting a whole chicken in, any smaller and you will struggle to fit a chicken in.
What temperature should air-fried chicken be cooked at?
Air fryer chicken should be cooked at 180 degrees for around 20 minutes, however, timing can change according to the size and type of chicken you are cooking.
What capacity air fryer do I need for a large family?
For a large family, an air fryer between 4-5 litres is desirable, avoid getting any smaller otherwise you will not be able to cook food evenly without piling it up in the basket.
Are air fryers healthy?
Air fryers are much healthier than the alternative cooking method which often needs more oil, air fryers only need a small amount of spray oil.
Are air frying gadgets large?
Yes, air fryers are fairly large since they need to be cylinder shaped to allow for proper hot air circulation with the fan inside, the larger the cooking capacity the bigger the model.
Is a 1.5L air fryer small?
A 1.5L air fryer is small, but okay for small portions if you are cooking for one to two people at a time, you might struggle to cook more than two portions in this basket or fit larger foods in such as a whole chicken.
Can you fry eggs in an air fryer?
You can cook fried eggs in an air fryer as long as you have an oven-style rack air fryer. Fried eggs cannot be cooked in fryer baskets with holes since they will fall through.
What range of accessories do air fryers have?
You can find lots of accessories for your air fryers such as muffin trays, cake pans, pizza pan, silicone moulds and more. Most come with basic baskets and oven racks, then extra cooking elements will need to be bought.
Our #1 Top Air Fryer For Two People Meals
Our number one air fryer for two people is the 9 In 1 COSORI Air Fryer 4.7L, this air fryer has 9 different cooking modes, a generous 4.7L capacity and an easy-to-control display.
This air fryer is perfect for two people without compromising on portion size and cooks evenly since you don't need to pile food up in the basket.